The Allegany County Department of Health will be holding a COVID-19 Pfizer Booster only vaccination clinic on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the County Office Building clinic site in Belmont, NY.
|Date||Vaccine||Time||Location||Link to Register|
|Tues., Oct. 19, 2021||Pfizer Booster||10:00am-2:00pm||Co. Office Bldg., Belmont, NY||https://tinyurl.com/1019Pfizer
You must be eligible for the Pfizer booster vaccination which includes having the 2 doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months prior to this Pfizer booster vaccination clinic. The CDC issued recommendations for a single booster dose of Pfizer COVID-19:
- individuals 65 years of age or older
- long-term care facility residents
- Nursing homes (assisted living facilities, residential care communities, group homes, senior housing)
- individuals age 50-64 with underlying medical conditions*
- individuals age 18-49 with underlying medical conditions*, based on individual benefit and risk
- individuals age 18-64 who are at an increased risk for COVID-19 exposure or transmission because of occupational or institutional setting including essential workers (frontline and non-frontline) (https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidanceessential-critical-infrastructure-workforce); unpaid caregiver of a frail or immunocompromised person; paid and unpaid workers who interact within <6ft of others; and live in a congregate setting (e.g. homeless shelter, correctional facility)
*For the purposes of booster dose eligibility, underlying conditions include cancer (current or in remission, including 9/11-related cancers); chronic kidney disease; Pulmonary Disease, including but not limited to COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), asthma (moderate-to-severe), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, and 9/11 related pulmonary diseases; Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities including Down Syndrome; Heart conditions, including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, or hypertension (high blood pressure); Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) including but not limited to solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, use of other immune weakening medicines, or other causes (Does not apply to those moderately to severely immunocompromised who are already covered under the eligibility for additional doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines 28 days after their second dose, as authorized by the FDA on August 12, 2021); Severe Obesity (BMI 40 kg/m2), Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2); Pregnancy; Sickle cell disease or Thalassemia; Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus; Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain); Neurologic conditions including but not limited to Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia; and Liver disease.
We ask that at this time, individuals do not mix vaccine types and if you have received Moderna or J&J for your initial vaccines that you wait patiently until such data is sufficient to approve booster doses for those vaccine types.
Please share this information with family and friends. For COVID-19 questions or for help with vaccine registration, please call the Allegany County Department of Health at 585-268-9250.