Please call for an appointment.
As part of the effort to slow the spread of the COVID- virus, along with the decisions recently made pertaining to the safety of Allegany County residents and surrounding counties, the services we provide in the Treasurer’s office have been modified as follows:
- Please call 585-268-9289 to set up an appointment – they are being scheduled in 15 to 30 minute intervals depending on your needs. Hours of operation are 8:30 – 4 pm.
- We are limited to three (3) people in our public vestibule for social distancing purposes. Please try to avoid bringing additional people with you to your appointment if it is not necessary.
- Payments can be made by leaving them at the Treasurer’s dropbox at the front of the courthouse, by mail, and also by credit/debit or electronic checks.
We will be glad to help you and at the same time ensure the health and safety of the public and our employees. Thank you for your understanding under these unusual times.
Account Clerk/Tax Staff
Contact us for all your important tax -related questions!
ASSESSORS/ COLLECTORS CONTACT INFORMATION
Seen below are the months in which the specified bill should arrive and is payable without interest.
- Village – June
- School – September
- Town & County – January
If you have moved make sure to make address changes with the assessor for the town in which your property/ properties are located. Address changes do take time and is up to the property owner to call and make changes. If you haven’t received your bill you must contact the collector for a copy of the bill you seek to pay.
*All delinquent taxes are payable to the Allegany County Treasurer
7 Court St., Room 134, Belmont, New York 14813
8:30am – 4:00pm
2018 Delinquent Property Tax redemption date closed.
Final date of Redemption was January 15th 2020.
If you have questions or concerns contact our office.
31st – Memorial Day
Community College Information
When can you submit your application?
No earlier than 60 Days prior to first day of the semester.
No later than 45 Days after first day of semester.
Do you qualify?
You must be a New York State Resident for one year.
Certificates may pro-rated between counties if you have not lived in Allegany County for six consecutive months.
For non-citizen applications please call or stop in the office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- May I pay my oldest delinquent tax bill first?
- No , Real Tax Law section 1112 allows payment of one tax lien at a time but it must be the most recent delinquent tax. (https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/RPT/1112)
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Contact your local town assessor for application process.
- Questions on property assessments?
- The local town assessor is the best person to contact.
- Where do I change mailing address or name on a property?
- If a name chance occurs due to: marriage, divorce, or death, the assessor can make updates to names for the assessment/tax roll only.
- If you need to change mailing address call local town assessor.
- For legal changes in owner(s) or legal modification of owner name requires contacting the County Clerk’s Office.