New York Sheriffs’ Victim Hotline (VINE)
For Offender information, call toll-free:
Statewide Victim Assistance
And Notification 24 hours a day.
or click on the logo below to register for notification for an offender’s custody status change
- Offender Name/Date of Birth
- Offender Booking Information
- Offender NYSID Number
- Your Four-Digit PIN Code
New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE facts:
- The offender will not know you are registered with the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE.
- If you are not home, the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE will leave a message on an answering machine. If there is no answer the hotline will keep calling back until you enter your PIN code or until 48 hours have passed.
- Since the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE calls automatically when an offender’s custody status changes you may get a notification call in the middle of the night.
- Do not leave a phone number with the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE that rings to a switchboard unless the switchboard operator has your PIN code to confirm the message.
- The New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE monitors offenders in New York’s County jails, the New York City Department of Correction and the New York State Department of Correctional Services.
- Do not depend solely on the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE, or any other single program, for your protection. Make the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE part of your safety plan.
- You can leave more than one phone number with the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE. Just call the VICTIM HOTLINE again.
What will the New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE do for me?
The New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE will tell you if an offender is in jail or prison in the State of New York and will give you other important custody information. The VICTIM HOTLINE will also let you leave a phone number where you want to be notified when the offender is released, transferred, or escapes.
What do I need to do?
- Call 1-888-846-3469 from a touch-tone phone and follow the directions. The victim hotline will tell you the custody status of the offender.
- If the offender is in custody, you can leave a phone number where you want to be notified when there is a change in the offender’s custody status. Enter the area code and phone number, followed by the pound (#) key.
- When the victim hotline asks, make up and enter a four-digit personal identification number (pin) code that will easy for you to remember if you can write this number down. The new york sheriffs’ victim hotline will ask for the pin code when it calls you.
- When the new york sheriffs’ victim hotline calls, listen to the message, then enter your pin when asked. Entering the pin lets the victim hotline know that you got the call.
Victim Assistance Services in New York
- New York State Crime Victims Board: 800.247.8035
- New York Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE: 888.846.3469
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving: 800.245.6233
- New York State Domestic Violence Hotline: English: 800.942.6906 / Spanish: 800.942.6908
- New York State Elder Abuse Hotline: 800.342.3009
- New York State Parole Victim Impact Unit: 518.486.4400 / 800.639.2650
- Sex Offender Registry: 900.288.3838
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800.656.HOPE (800.656.4673)
NOTE: Do not depend solely on the Sheriffs’ VICTIM HOTLINE service for your protection. If you feel that you may be at risk, take precautions as if the offender has already been released. A service of the New York State Sheriffs’ Association Institute Inc.; funded by the New York State Crime Victims Board.