- Associate Agencies
- Demographics and Data
- County Maps
- GIS/County Mapping
- Allegany County Planning Board
- Grant Opportunities
- Upcoming Training and Events
- Allegany County Land Bank Corporation
Reopening Allegany County
Allegany County Planning and Development staff members are here to help you. If you have questions please feel free to contact one of us by phone or email. We strongly encourage you to make an appointment if you want to come into the office.
Resources for reopening can be found the Allegany County homepage as well.
Welcome to the Allegany County Department of Planning.
The Director of Planning has oversight on the Tourism and Economic Development aspects of County government work. Allegany County Planning is located at the Crossroads Center, 2/10 mile north of I-86 Exit 30 on NYS Route 19. Allegany County Department of Planning offers assistance to local municipalities with planning, GIS, Environmental Assistance and demographic information.
H. Kier Dirlam
Director of Planning
Assistant Director of Economic Development and Planning
Confidential Secretary to the Director of Planning
Planning and Development Specialist
Allegany County Planning
6087 NYS Route 19N – Suite 100
Belmont, NY 14813
Upcoming Training and Events
Some of the projects that have been underway through the Planning office include:
- Finalizing the update of the County Hazard Mitigation Plan for 2018 with TetraTech.
- Updating the County Comprehensive Plan for 2019.
- Assisting the Town/Village of Almond with their Comprehensive Plan update.
- Assisting the Town/Village of Alfred with their Comprehensive Plan update.
- Development of the Crossroads Development Project at I-86 & NYS 19 and along County Route 20 toward Friendship working with Engineering LaBella Associates and Municipal Solutions.
- Assisting with the continued growth of the Allegany County Land Bank.
- Assisting with the development of the County Shared Services Plan.
- Working with the County IT Department and Mason Digital on revising the county website, planning website and development website.
- Assisting Genesee River Wilds to develop river access parks.
- Updating the Census Addresses Database through the LUCA process.
- Working with local municipalities to get grants for projects through our agreement with Rotella Grants.
- Bringing on-line GIS mapping to our website.
- Assisting the Allegany County IDA with Development projects.
- Working with Alfred State College on Development and Marketing projects for the County.
- Working with the Greater Allegany Chamber of Commerce on Tourism promotion.
- Available Business Sites in Allegany County Do you know of or own a property that is appropriate for commercial or Industrial use? Would you like to submit it to the Allegany County Business Site inventory? There is no fee to be included. All contacts and negotiations will go through the owner or their broker. Let us know about the property today! Call Michelle Denhoff at 585-268-7153 and discuss the location.
The County Planning Board works directly with the Planning Department.
Allegany County Planning is located at the Crossroads Center north of I-86 Exit 30 on NYS Route 19 – 6087 NYS Route 19N – Suite 200.
General Planning Services are provided by the Director of Planning and the Planning & Development Specialist. Standard services that are available include:
- Flood Plain questions
- Site Location assistance for businesses
- Assistance with business development projects.
- Local zoning and planning questions
- Assistance on Development Projects
- Project development and grant availability assistance
- Processing NYS Law 239 referrals
- Trail & Open Space Issues
- Geographic Information System [GIS] Requests
- Environmental Compliance Questions
- Census and Demographic Information research assistance.