- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Children’s Programs
- Cancer Programs
- Environmental Health
- Family Planning
- Adult Health
Department of Health
County Office Building
7 Court Street
Belmont, New York 14813-1076
The mission of the Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) is to educate, motivate, and empower Allegany County residents to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Since the addition of the environmental health division in 1975, the Department of Health is the centralized resource for all Allegany County residents to better their health and well being.
2018 Community Flu Clinics
You and your family can receive the flu shot at the Allegany County Department of Health. Flu Clinic dates and locations are as follows:
• Monday, October 1 at 2:30pm-4:30pm at ICS, 24 Maple Ave., Wellsville, NY
• Monday, October 1 at 11am-Noon at Union University Church Center Church St. Alfred NY
• Thursday, October 4 at 11am-Noon at Canaseraga Fire Fall, Rt 70, Cancaseraga NY
• Thursday, October 4 at 5pm-7pm at Fillmore Central School,104 West Main Street, Fillmore NY
• Tuesday, October 9 at 11am-1pm at Belmont Legion, 29 Schuyler St., Belmont NY
• Thursday, October 11 at 11am-1pm at Fillmore Fire Hall, Rt 19, Fillmore NY
• Friday, October 12 at 1:30pm-5pm at Trinity Lutheran Church, 470 N. Main, Wellsville, NY
• Wed., October 17 11am-Noon and 1:30pm-5pm at A.A. Arnold Center, Main & Green St. Cuba NY
• Thursday, October 18 at 11-Noon at Wellsville Senior Center, YMCA, 133 Bolivar Rd, Wellsville NY
• Monday, October 22 at Noon-2pm Houghton College Student Center, Houghton NY
• Tuesday, October 23 at11am-Noon at Whitesville Fire Hall, Main St, Whitesville NY
• Wed., October 24 at 11am-Noon at Bolivar Fire Hall, Main Street, Bolivar NY
• Thursday, October 25 at 1am-Noon at Friendship Senior Center, Island Park, Friendship NY
*Tuesday November 6th VOTE & VAC at 4-7pm at Genesee Valley Central School county route 48 Belmont NY
Bring your insurance cards and we can bill your insurance. For those without insurance we have a sliding fee scale. Ages 6 months and up are welcome. Anyone less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please wear short sleeves. No appointment necessary. For clinic information call the health department at 585-268-9250 or visit our website alleganycountyny.com.
- Free Lead Testing Pilot Program
- Drinking Water Testing Labs
Compiled by the Allegany County Department of Health
The lists below are laboratories that provide information, sampling instructions and containers, and analyses for private or public water supplies in our area. All analyses needed to comply with any regulation (Subpart 67-4 Lead Testing in School Drinking Water) must be performed by a laboratory certified by the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center under the Environmental Laboratory Approval Program (ELAP).
- Zika Virus testing and hotline
- Zika Virus Fact Sheet
- Zika Travel Poster Prototype-Pregnant Women
- For Zika Virus Testing Call 585.268.9250
The Allegany County Department of Health will bill Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Independent Health, Univera, United Health (Empire Plan), Fidelis, and Magna Care (Aetna, etc). Other insurances will be billed and they may or may not pay for your services. If your insurance does not pay for your ACDOH services “you” the client are liable to pay for these services. The Allegany County Department of Health has a sliding scale for payment of services for clients who are uninsured/underinsured. *The Allegany County Department of Health’s health care professionals are not affiliated with any hospital.
- Allegany County Food Service Inspections
All temporary food service operations that do not secure a permit to operate at least 10 days prior to the start of the event will be charged an additional $25.00 late fee.
If a permit is issued on-site due to not properly submitting paperwork at least 10 days prior to the start of the event, a $25.00 late fee will be charged.
How did your favorite restaurant do?
- WIC Clinic Schedule 2018
- November 2018 Clinic Schedule
- Child Safety Seat Program
- Corporate Compliance Plan 2018
- Board of Health Meeting Minutes
- Allegany County Department of Health Community Health Assessment 2016
- Sanitary Survey (Sewer & Water Inspection) Application 2018
- Plan Review Checklist 2018