Allegany County DMV
*DMV IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC BY APPOINTMENT ONLY*
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT, CLICK THE LINK HERE: alleganycountydmv.setmore.com
Appointments are open to residents of Allegany, Cattaraugus, Steuben, Wyoming, and Livingston counties ONLY!
We are still accepting mail-in transactions.
In lieu of the above, a DMV DROP-OFF BOX will be located in the County Clerk’s office for your convenience.
- All transactions must be in a sealed envelope.
- We will mail you the completed transaction or receipts upon completion.
- Make sure you have signed all forms or renewals.
- We can only accept checks in the drop-off box.
- LICENSE PLATE RETURNS will be a no-fee transaction. Drop them in the box with a note instructing us where to send the receipt (FS6).
Green Light appointments must be made in-person every first and third Thursday of the month between the hours of 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM.
FOR DMV FORMS, CLICK HERE.
DO YOU HAVE A DMV QUESTION?
- For assistance with appointment-booking, call (585) 268-9267 and press “1.”
- For all other DMV questions and concerns, call (585) 268-9267 and press “2.”
If there is no answer, you may call the NYS DMV help hotline for questions at 1-800-698-2931 or visit dmv.ny.gov.
Alice M.H. Lentola
Deputy County Clerk III
P.O. Box 242
7 Court Street
Belmont, New York 14813
Phone: (585) 268-9267
Fax: (585) 268-9659
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Open during lunch hour (limited staff)
CDL Testing Hours:
8:30 am – 1:00 pm
All Other Testing Hours:
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
For a list of documents required to prove ID for a permit, license, Real ID, or non-driver ID, please click the link BELOW:
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD
Until further notice, credit cards will only be accepted for IN-PERSON DMV transactions. Mail-in transactions will not be processed with credit card payments.
FOR DMV FORMS, CLICK HERE
Office Closed on the Following Dates:
- January 1, 2021: New Year’s Day
- January 18, 2021: Martin Luther King Day
- February 12, 2021: Lincoln’s Birthday (Closed to the Public)
- February 15, 2021: President’s Day
- April 2, 2021: Pursuant to Board of Legislators Resolution No. 81-21
- May 31, 2021: Memorial Day
- July 5, 2021: Independence Day (observed)
- September 6, 2021: Labor Day
- October 11, 2021: Columbus Day
- November 2, 2021: Election Day (Closed to the Public)
- November 11, 2021: Veterans Day
- November 25, 2021: Thanksgiving
- November 26, 2021: Day after Thanksgiving
- December 24, 2021: Christmas (observed)
- December 31, 2021: New Year’s Day (observed)