- Court Filings
- Deeds and Mortgages
- Recording Fees
- Search Online Records
- How to Apply for a Passport
- Allegany County DMV
*DMV IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC BY APPOINTMENT ONLY*
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT, CLICK THE LINK HERE: alleganycountydmv.setmore.com
Appointments are open to residents of Allegany, Cattaraugus, Steuben, Wyoming, and Livingston counties ONLY!
We are still accepting mail-in transactions.
In lieu of the above, a DMV DROP-OFF BOX will be located in the County Clerk’s office for your convenience.
- All transactions must be in a sealed envelope.
- We will mail you the completed transaction or receipts upon completion.
- Make sure you have signed all forms or renewals.
- We can only accept checks in the drop-off box.
- LICENSE PLATE RETURNS will be a no-fee transaction. Drop them in the box with a note instructing us where to send the receipt (FS6).
Visit our DMV webpage here.
FOR DMV FORMS, CLICK HERE.
DO YOU HAVE A DMV QUESTION?
- For assistance with appointment-booking, call (585) 268-9267 and press “1.”
- For all other DMV questions and concerns, call (585) 268-9267 and press “2.”
If there is no answer, you may call the NYS DMV help hotline for questions at 1-800-698-2931 or visit dmv.ny.gov.
Robert L. Christman
Robert L. Christman
Ryan M. Keib
Deputy County Clerk
Jessica L. Lynch
Deputy County Clerk II
P.O. Box 242
7 Court Street Rm 18
Belmont, New York 14813
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Open during lunch hour
Phone: (585) 268-9270
Fax: (585) 268-5881
Allegany County Clerk’s Office Mission Statement
The County Clerk is responsible for the receipting, indexing, storage and retrieval of documents, including legal records pertaining to ownership of real property and all court records, except criminal records, for Supreme Court and County Court. The County Clerk’s Office is also responsible for the collection of revenue for these services, which are provided to several levels of government.
Office Closed on the Following Dates:
- January 1, 2021: New Year’s Day
- January 18, 2021: Martin Luther King Day
- February 12, 2021: Lincoln’s Birthday (Closed to the Public)
- February 15, 2021: President’s Day
- April 2, 2021: Pursuant to Board of Legislators Resolution No. 81-21
- May 31, 2021: Memorial Day
- July 5, 2021: Independence Day (observed)
- September 6, 2021: Labor Day
- October 11, 2021: Columbus Day
- November 2, 2021: Election Day (Closed to the Public)
- November 11, 2021: Veterans Day
- November 25, 2021: Thanksgiving
- November 26, 2021: Day after Thanksgiving
- December 24, 2021: Christmas (observed)
- December 31, 2021: New Year’s Day (observed)
Forms of Payment:
Fees collected by the County Clerk’s Office may be paid by Cash, Check or Money Order only. No credit/debit cards accepted at this time. All payments made payable to Allegany County Clerk.
To Customers who record documents in our office
The Allegany County Clerk’s office will be requiring all documents presented for recording in our office be accompanied with an appropriate, self-addressed, stamped envelope (“SASE”). This department will no longer provide envelopes or accept the expense incurred to return recorded documents to you; therefore it is imperative that you take action to insure that your original, important documents will be returned to you. Also, please keep in mind that all envelopes submitted with your recordings must be adequately sized to accommodate the documents to be returned.
Website updated 4/22/2021