County-Wide Shared Services Initiative
The New York State County Wide Shared Services Initiative was designed to reduce property taxes & help lower the cost of local government.
Once a plan is created that demonstrates saving across several jurisdictions, the County may be eligible for a one time match of the savings that result from the new actions implemented as a result of the plan.
Details on the Allegany County Plan are shown below. Updates on our progress can be found under Correspondence from the County Administrator and the Allegany CWSSI Plan sections. The remaining schedule for 2018 can be found under the Meeting Schedule section.
OUR NEXT PUBLIC HEARINGS WILL BE HELD IN THE LEGISLATIVE CHAMBERS ON AUGUST 13, 2018 AT 10 AM AND 3 PM.
Allegany CWSSI Plan
Correspondence from the County Administrator
2018 Schedule –
* June 15, 2018: Draft plan available for review
* June 26, 2018: Public Hearing #1 6-8 pm at the BOCES Community Room in Belmont, NY
* July 9, 2018: Comments on draft plan due to CGR
* August 1, 2018: Final plan provided to County Legislature and CWSSI panel
* August 13, 2018: Public Hearing #2 10 am in the Legislative Chambers / Legislative meeting to follow / Public Hearing #3 in Legislative Chambers
* September 15, 2018: State submission deadline and CWSSI Panel vote deadline
* October 15, 2018: County Administrator presents approved plan to public
Our guest speaker from the last meeting, Thomas Guzek, can be reached through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by visiting www.solarparkenergy.com, or by calling (212) 729-6714
Allegany and Cattaraugus Counties Take Different Approach to Shared Services Initiative; Olean Times Herald – July 6, 2017
County Discusses Shared Services; Wellsville Daily Reporter – January 23, 2018
CWSSI Request For Proposal - Closed
The County is soliciting proposals from qualified consultants to create a County-wide Shared Services Plan for the County, all 29 Towns and 10 Villages. The Plan must meet the requirements stated by New York State County-Wide Shared Services Initiative (Enacted by Part BBB of Chapter 59 of the Laws of 2017) and must yield viable cost savings projects that can be implemented during 2018-2019. Ideally, this would include projects that can be fully implemented over no more than five years with specific quantifiable financial results. The RFP and appendices are provided below.
Allegany County will accept questions in writing (letter or e-mail) until Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Sealed proposals (eight hard copies; 1 CD) must be received no later than Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. EST. PROPOSALS NOT RECEIVED PRIOR TO THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED AFTER RECOMMENDATION OF AWARD.