Board of Elections
EARLY VOTING & ABSENTEE INFORMATION
Early Voting Hours!!!
All early voting will take place at the Allegany County Board of Elections:
8 willets Ave Belmont NY-this is not at the County Court House
NO appointment necessary-a mask will be required!!!!
Cleaning will be performed between each voter-please be patient!
Please call with any questions: 585-268-9295 or 9294
early voting days & hours for the general election:
Saturday, October 24th & Sunday October 25th: 9am-2pm
Monday, October 26th: 8:30am-8:00pm
Tuesday, October 27th: 8am-4pm
Wednesday, October 28th: 8:30am-8:00pm
Thursday, October 29th: 8am-4pm
Friday, October 30th: 8am-4pm
Saturday, October 31st & Sunday, November 1st: 9am-2pm
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN ABSENTEE??-
Covid is an acceptable reason for an Absentee request
You can apply by using the link above labeled Absentee Ballot Requests. This will take you to two options:
- Accessible Absentee Ballot Application
- Absentee Ballot Request Application
- You can call the Board of Election directly for an Absentee-we will do an over the phone application for you. Call Monday-Friday; 8:30am-4:00pm @ 585-268-9294 or 9295.
- You can email the Board of Elections at ACBOE@alleganyco.com
- You can stop in the office during regular business hours of Monday-Friday; 8:30am-4:00pm to pick up an application.
WHEN WILL BALLOTS BE MAILED??
Ballots will be mailed out at the end of September to everyone that has applied & has been approved for an Absentee. IF you have not received your ballot by the end of the first week of October please call the Board of Elections during regular business hours Monday-Friday; 8:30am-4:00pm @ 585-268-9294 or 9295 to be sure that we have all of your information for the process.
CAN I VOTE A MAIL IN ABSENTEE & IN PERSON & HAVE BOTH COUNTED FOR THE SAME ELECTION??
Of course you don’t get to vote twice—only one time counts.
You can request & vote an Absentee Ballot. You can vote it & mail it back to the Board of Elections. If you decide to then go the Board of Elections for Early Voting or to your regular poll site you can! That just means that the ballot you mailed in will NOT be opened.
How can I return my Absentee Ballot?
- You can vote it as soon you receive it in the mail. Please follow the directions that come with the ballot. You will need to place a stamp on the correct envelope to mail back to our office
- You can drop it off at our office during our regular business hours or during Early Voting hours as well. Our regular business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm. Early voting hours can be found in the link below.
- You can use the secure drop box just outside our door to leave your ballot as well. This is locked as well as under video surveillance.
- You or someone you trust can take to ANY polling site on Election Day, November 3rd between the hours of 6am-9pm. There will be a secure/sealed yellow bag designated for Absentee Ballots at the poll site.
ALWAYS CALL THE BOE WITH YOUR QUESTIONS DIRECTLY-SOCIAL MEDIA & NEWS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AS WELL AS THE LOCAL STAFF.
585-268-9295 OR 9294
NEW LOCATION EFFECTIVE 9/16/19
8 Willets Ave
Belmont, NY 14813
(behind the former St. Phillips Episcopal Church)
Monday- Friday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
The Allegany County Board of Elections is responsible for the honest and efficient operations of all National, State, County, City, and Local elections in our County. The Board insures that all eligible County citizens are offered an opportunity to register and vote; to maintain a complete and accurate voter file of all the registered voters in Allegany County area; to insure that the integrity of the balloting process is maintained throughout Allegany County; to enforce all provisions of the New York State Election Law.