________ 2019 Tax Auction Terms and Conditions ________
WHEN AND WHERE!?
Tax Sale Seminar Date: March 12th 2019 Time: 6:00Pm
Auction Date: May 4Th 2019 Registration: 8:30Am Auction: 9:30Am
Genesee Valley Central School
High School Gymnasium
1 Jaguar Drive
Belmont, NY 14813
Tax Auction books are sold in the Allegany County Treasurer’s Office & the Wellsville Municipal Building
(See a complete list of the properties to be sold in the next section below.)
Books available After March 1st.
Terri L. Ross
Allegany County Treasurer
Joseph L. Budinger
Director of Real Property
446 Whitney Valley Heights
Almond, NY 14804
-2019 Allegany County Delinquent Real Property Tax Auction List-
MEET THE STAFF
Account Clerk/Tax Staff
Contact us for all your important tax -related questions!
7 Court St., Room 134, Belmont, New York 14813
8:30am – 4:00pm
Closed Dates: Independence Day
ASSESSORS/ COLLECTORS CONTACT INFORMATION
Seen below are the months in which the specified bill should arrive and is payable without interest.
- Village – June
- School – September
- Town & County – January
If you have moved make sure to make address changes with the assessor for the town in which your property/ properties are located. Address changes do take time and is up to the property owner to call and make changes. If you haven’t received your bill you must contact the collector for a copy of the bill you seek to pay.
*All delinquent taxes are payable to the Allegany County Treasurer
2017 Delinquent Property Tax redemption date closed.
Final date of Redemption was January 15th 2019.
If you have questions or concerns contact our office.
Delinquent tax auction was May 4th 2019.
Community College Information
When can you submit your application?
No earlier than 60 Days prior to first day of the semester.
No later than 45 Days after first day of semester.
Do you qualify?
You must be a New York State Resident for one year.
Certificates may pro-rated between counties if you have not lived in Allegany County for six consecutive months.
For non-citizen applications please call or stop in the office.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Frequently Asked Questions~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- May I pay my oldest delinquent tax bill first?
- No , Real Tax Law section 1112 allows payment of one tax lien at a time but it must be the most recent delinquent tax. (https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/RPT/1112)
- How can I apply for an exemption?
- Contact your local town assessor for application process.
- Questions on property assessments?
- The local town assessor is the best person to contact.
- Where do I change mailing address or name on a property?
- If a name chance occurs due to: marriage, divorce, or death, the assessor can make updates to names for the assessment/tax roll only.
- If you need to change mailing address call local town assessor.
- For legal changes in owner(s) or legal modification of owner name requires contacting the County Clerk’s Office.