- Associate Agencies
- Demographics and Data
- GIS/County Mapping
- Grant Opportunities
- Planning Board
- Upcoming Training and Events
Welcome to the Allegany County Department of Planning.
Allegany County Planning is located at the Crossroads Center, north of I-86 Exit 30 on NYS Route 19.
Allegany County Planning
6087 NYS Route 19N
Some of the projects that have been underway through the Planning office include:
- Updating the County Hazard Mitigation Plan for 2016 with TetraTech.
- Updating the County Comprehensive Plan for 2017.
- Comprehensive Plan School Project with MRB Group through a grant from NYSERDA.
- Wireless Broadband expansion in Allegany County working with CONXX
- Development of the Crossroads Development Project at I-86 & NYS 19 and along County Route 20 toward Friendship working with Engineering LaBella Associates and Municipal Solutions.
- Assisting with the development of the Allegany County Land Bank.
- Working with the County IT Department and Mason Digital on revising the county website, planning website and development website.
- Assisting Genesee River Wilds to develop river access parks.
- Working with Ardent Solutions, KHEOPS and the NYSDOT to build a modern Park & Ride facility at the Crossroads Center.
- Working with local municipalities to get grants for projects through our agreement with KHEOPS in Buffalo.
- Bringing on-line GIS mapping to our website.
- Assisting Towns and Villages develop Comprehensive Plans.
- Assisting the Allegany County IDA with Development projects.
- Working with Alfred State College on Development and Marketing projects for the County.
- Working with the Greater Allegany Chamber of Commerce on Tourism promotion.
- Available Business Sites in Allegany County Do you know of or own a property that is appropriate for commercial or Industrial use? Would you like to submit it to the Allegany County Business Site inventory? There is no fee to be included. All contacts and negotiations will go through the owner or their broker. Let us know about the property today! Call Michelle Denhoff at 585-268-7153 and discuss the location with Michelle.
The County Planning Board works directly with the Planning Department.
Allegany County Planning is located at the Crossroads Center north of I-86 Exit 30 on NYS Route 19 – 6087 NYS Route 19N – Suite 200.
General Planning Services are provided by the Director of Planning and the Planning & Development Specialist. Standard services that are available include:
- Flood Plain questions
- Site Location assistance for businesses
- Assistance with business development projects.
- Local zoning and planning questions
- Assistance on Development Projects
- Project development and grant availability assistance
- Processing NYS Law 239 referrals
- Trail & Open Space Issues
- Geographic Information System [GIS] Requests
- Environmental Compliance Questions
- Call 585-268-7472
The County Comprehensive Plan was originally created in 2007 & 2008. A group was appointed by the Chairman of the Legislature to undertake the review of the Comprehensive Plan with assistance by the County Planner and Development Office. The 2020 Vision – Allegany County Comprehensive Plan is now complete and approved on October 15, 2013. The 2013 plan is now under revision with a target for completion of mid-2017.
Our current Comprehensive Plan:
This is the original Plan from 2008 for reference only: The 2008 Allegany County Comprehensive Plan