- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Children’s Programs
- Cancer Programs
- Environmental Health
- Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Adult Health
Department of Health
County Office Building
7 Court Street
Belmont, New York 14813-1076
The mission of the Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) is to educate, motivate, and empower Allegany County residents to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Since the addition of the environmental health division in 1975, the Department of Health is the centralized resource for all Allegany County residents to better their health and well being.
Allegany County COVID-19 – All Press Releases and Updates related to the COVID-19 will now be located on a page dedicated to this issue.
Remember to continue doing your part! A contact tracer could be trying to call you. Please answer! NYSContactTracingFlyer
For more information on COVID-19, visit the New York State Department of Health’s Coronavirus website https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home .
For more information on COVID-19,call the Allegany County Department of Health at 585.268.9250.
News Release: Flu and Immunization clinics 2020
Pharmacies and health care providers throughout Allegany County continue to offer vaccinations including the flu shot. The Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) encourages residents to visit their local pharmacy, health care provider, or one of our clinics for their flu shot this season. The Allegany County Department of Health will offer flu shot clinics at the ACDOH clinic located on the ground floor of the county office building and one clinic in each legislative district* in Allegany County.
- Please wear a mask!
- Social distancing will apply at every clinic. Each group of household members will be asked to remain at least 6 feet from other groups.
- Directions for entering the county office building will be given when you make your appointment.
- Please wear short sleeves.
- Please bring insurance cards with you. It is the responsibility of the insured to make sure the Allegany County Department of Health is within the insurance’s network and will cover the cost of the vaccine and administration fee.
- If insurance is not accepted, payment for the vaccine and administration fee will be billed to the patient.
- If you are paying cash:
- High dose flu for ages 65 and over is $90.
- Regular flu is $49.
- Vaccines are NOT FREE!
- Flu vaccine will be offered at immunization clinics if vaccine is available.
- Dates are dependent on the availability of flu vaccine.
Please call the Allegany County Department of Health at 585-268-9250 with any questions or to make an appointment. Information to pre-register for Legislative District Clinics will be announced with locations and times for these clinics at a later date.
News Release: The Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) would like the community, gym/health club facility owner/operators and members to know we have received the reopening gyms and fitness centers guidelines; interim guidance for gyms and fitness centers during COVID-19 public health emergency; and the NY forward safety plan template. These documents are available at https://forward.ny.gov/phase-four-industries.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 4 states added and removed 2 territories to Travel Advisory for COVID-19 for a total of 35 states and territories covering more than half the nation.
Click here to watch –Catch The Bat!! -a video on how to catch the bat and bat rabies from the New York State Department of Health
How to remove a tick video– Click here to learn more about how to remove a tick
The Allegany County Department of Health is offering the following immunization clinics to assist county residents vaccinate their children before school begins in September. The Allegany County Department of Health immunization clinics are held in Belmont at the county office building:
Monday, August 24, 2020 9 am to 3:30 pm
Tuesday, August 25, 2020 11am to 5:30 pm
Thursday, August 27, 2020 11am to 5:30pm
- Insurance companies will be billed (please bring insurance cards with you), if you have no insurance or are underinsured a sliding fee scale is available.
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or official guardian NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please call 585-268-9250 for appointments only. NO WALK IN SERVICE.
- You will be given instructions for entering the building when you make your appointment.
- Please wear a mask (bring it with you)!
For additional information or to make an appointment, please contact the Allegany County Department of Health at 585-268-9250.
- If you have questions for the Food and Drug Administration should call 1-888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332).
- For questions about any type of poisoning call the New York Regional Poison Control Center call 1-800-222-1222.
Additional information from Allegany County, Towns and Villages, Schools and Colleges and information for Businesses and Individuals are available on these pages:
ALL ALLEGANY WIC CLINIC SITES ARE CLOSED TO VISITORS WIC CONTINUES TO SERVE CURRENT and NEW PARTICIPANTS VIA TELEPHONE PLEASE CALL 585-593-2533 or 1-800-394-1942 and leave a message!
Someone will return your call ASAP!
Click on one of the links below to watch a Public Service Announcement on Novel Coronavirus
Novel Coronavirus- What New Yorkers Should Know (youtube.com)
- Free Lead Testing Pilot Program
- Drinking Water Testing Labs
Compiled by the Allegany County Department of Health
The lists below are laboratories that provide information, sampling instructions and containers, and analyses for private or public water supplies in our area. All analyses needed to comply with any regulation (Subpart 67-4 Lead Testing in School Drinking Water) must be performed by a laboratory certified by the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center under the Environmental Laboratory Approval Program (ELAP).
- Zika Virus testing and hotline
- Zika Virus Fact Sheet
- Zika Travel Poster Prototype-Pregnant Women
- For Zika Virus Testing Call 585.268.9250
The Allegany County Department of Health will bill Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Independent Health, Univera, United Health (Empire Plan), Fidelis, and Magna Care (Aetna, etc). Other insurances will be billed and they may or may not pay for your services. If your insurance does not pay for your ACDOH services “you” the client are liable to pay for these services. The Allegany County Department of Health has a sliding scale for payment of services for clients who are uninsured/underinsured. *The Allegany County Department of Health’s health care professionals are not affiliated with any hospital.
- Allegany County Food Service Inspections
All temporary food service operations that do not secure a permit to operate at least 10 days prior to the start of the event will be charged an additional $25.00 late fee.
If a permit is issued on-site due to not properly submitting paperwork at least 10 days prior to the start of the event, a $25.00 late fee will be charged.
How did your favorite restaurant do?
- WIC Clinic Schedule 2020
- August 2020 Clinic Schedule
- September 2020 Clinic Schedule
- Corporate Compliance Plan 2018
- Board of Health Meeting Minutes
- Allegany County Department of Health Community Health Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan 2019-2021
- Sanitary Survey (Sewer & Water Inspection) for Property Transaction Application 07/2019 REVISED
- Plan Review Checklist 2018