- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Children’s Programs
- Cancer Programs
- Environmental Health
- Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Adult Health
Department of Health
County Office Building
7 Court Street
Belmont, New York 14813-1076
The mission of the Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) is to educate, motivate, and empower Allegany County residents to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Since the addition of the environmental health division in 1975, the Department of Health is the centralized resource for all Allegany County residents to better their health and well being.
Remember it’s not too late to get a flu shot! The Allegany County Department of Health still has flu vaccine available. The Allegany County Department of Health will offer the flu shot at immunization clinics and clinics are only available at the county office building clinic in Belmont (on the ground floor).
- Call 585-268-9250 and make an appointment for an immunization clinic.
- Please wear short sleeves.
- Please bring insurance cards with you. It is the responsibility of the insured to make sure the Allegany County Department of Health is within the insurance’s network and will cover the cost of the vaccine and administration fee.
- If insurance is not accepted, payment for the vaccine and administration fee will be billed to the patient.
- If you are paying cash:
- High dose flu for ages 65 and over is $82
- Regular flu is $48
- Pediatric flu for ages 6 months to 36 months is $50
- Vaccines are NOT FREE,
Please contact the Allegany County Department of Health with any questions at 585-268-9250 or go to www.alleganyco.com and click on health under government.
*Coming in the Spring of 2020 Free Animal Rabies Vaccination Clinic Schedule*
- Free Lead Testing Pilot Program
- Drinking Water Testing Labs
Compiled by the Allegany County Department of Health
The lists below are laboratories that provide information, sampling instructions and containers, and analyses for private or public water supplies in our area. All analyses needed to comply with any regulation (Subpart 67-4 Lead Testing in School Drinking Water) must be performed by a laboratory certified by the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center under the Environmental Laboratory Approval Program (ELAP).
- Zika Virus testing and hotline
- Zika Virus Fact Sheet
- Zika Travel Poster Prototype-Pregnant Women
- For Zika Virus Testing Call 585.268.9250
The Allegany County Department of Health will bill Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Independent Health, Univera, United Health (Empire Plan), Fidelis, and Magna Care (Aetna, etc). Other insurances will be billed and they may or may not pay for your services. If your insurance does not pay for your ACDOH services “you” the client are liable to pay for these services. The Allegany County Department of Health has a sliding scale for payment of services for clients who are uninsured/underinsured. *The Allegany County Department of Health’s health care professionals are not affiliated with any hospital.
- Allegany County Food Service Inspections
All temporary food service operations that do not secure a permit to operate at least 10 days prior to the start of the event will be charged an additional $25.00 late fee.
If a permit is issued on-site due to not properly submitting paperwork at least 10 days prior to the start of the event, a $25.00 late fee will be charged.
How did your favorite restaurant do?
- WIC Clinic Schedule 2020
- February 2020 Clinic Schedule
- January 2020 Clinic Schedule
- Corporate Compliance Plan 2018
- Board of Health Meeting Minutes
- Allegany County Department of Health Community Health Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan 2019-2021
- Sanitary Survey (Sewer & Water Inspection) for Property Transaction Application 07/2019 REVISED
- Plan Review Checklist 2018