- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Children’s Programs
- Cancer Programs
- Environmental Health
- Family Planning
- Adult Health
Department of Health
County Office Building
7 Court Street
Belmont, New York 14813-1076
The mission of the Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) is to educate, motivate, and empower Allegany County residents to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Since the addition of the environmental health division in 1975, the Department of Health is the centralized resource for all Allegany County residents to better their health and well being.
- Free Lead Testing Pilot Program
- Drinking Water Testing Labs
Compiled by the Allegany County Department of Health
The lists below are laboratories that provide information, sampling instructions and containers, and analyses for private or public water supplies in our area. All analyses needed to comply with any regulation (Subpart 67-4 Lead Testing in School Drinking Water) must be performed by a laboratory certified by the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center under the Environmental Laboratory Approval Program (ELAP).
- Zika Virus testing and hotline
- Zika Virus Fact Sheet
- Zika Travel Poster Prototype-Pregnant Women
- For Zika Virus Testing Call 585.268.9250
The Allegany County Department of Health will bill Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Independent Health, Univera, United Health (Empire Plan), Fidelis, and Magna Care (Aetna, etc). Other insurances will be billed and they may or may not pay for your services. If your insurance does not pay for your ACDOH services “you” the client are liable to pay for these services. The Allegany County Department of Health has a sliding scale for payment of services for clients who are uninsured/underinsured. *The Allegany County Department of Health’s health care professionals are not affiliated with any hospital.
- Allegany County Food Service Inspections
All temporary food service operations that do not secure a permit to operate at least 10 days prior to the start of the event will be charged an additional $25.00 late fee.
If a permit is issued on-site due to not properly submitting paperwork at least 10 days prior to the start of the event, a $25.00 late fee will be charged.
How did your favorite restaurant do?
- WIC Clinic Schedule 2019
- Immunization Clinic Schedule for 2019
- July 2019 Clinic Schedule
- August 2019 Clinic Schedule
- Corporate Compliance Plan 2018
- Board of Health Meeting Minutes
- Allegany County Department of Health Community Health Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plan 2016-2018
- Sanitary Survey (Sewer & Water Inspection) for Property Transaction Application 07/2019 REVISED
- Plan Review Checklist 2018