- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Children’s Programs
- Cancer Programs
- Environmental Health
- Family Planning
- Adult Health
Department of Health
County Office Building
7 Court Street
Belmont, New York 14813-1076
The mission of the Allegany County Department of Health (ACDOH) is to educate, motivate, and empower Allegany County residents to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Since the addition of the environmental health division in 1975, the Department of Health is the centralized resource for all Allegany County residents to better their health and well being.
- 2019 Survey – Allegany County Community Health Assessment.
- For adults 18 years and older.
- We encourage all Allegany County adult residents to participate.
- Enter in for a chance to WIN a gas gift certificate as a thank you at the end of the survey.
- FREE for ALLEGANY COUNTY WOMEN Life Line Screenings
- March 13. 2019-Wellsville NY-Appointments FULL
- March 14, 2019-Cuba NY-Appointments FULL
- March 15, 2019 at Fillmore Fire Hall in Fillmore NY
- Appointments still available in Fillmore site
- Women over 50 or age 40+ with a risk factor (smoking, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol or family history of stroke or heart disease)
- $135 value FREE to Allegany County Women
- Call Breeyan at the Allegany County Department of Health at 585-268-9491 to make your appointment.
- Appointments required!
Coming Soon….. More information will be posted soon!
- Speakers on Women’s Health
- Trainings for professionals on Women’s Health
2018 Community Flu Clinics
You and your family can still receive the flu shot at the Allegany County Department of Health. Please call the Health Department at 585-268-9250 for an appointment. Bring your insurance cards and we can bill your insurance. For those without insurance we have a sliding fee scale. Ages 6 months and up are welcome. Anyone less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please wear short sleeves.
- Free Lead Testing Pilot Program
- Drinking Water Testing Labs
Compiled by the Allegany County Department of Health
The lists below are laboratories that provide information, sampling instructions and containers, and analyses for private or public water supplies in our area. All analyses needed to comply with any regulation (Subpart 67-4 Lead Testing in School Drinking Water) must be performed by a laboratory certified by the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center under the Environmental Laboratory Approval Program (ELAP).
- Zika Virus testing and hotline
- Zika Virus Fact Sheet
- Zika Travel Poster Prototype-Pregnant Women
- For Zika Virus Testing Call 585.268.9250
The Allegany County Department of Health will bill Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Independent Health, Univera, United Health (Empire Plan), Fidelis, and Magna Care (Aetna, etc). Other insurances will be billed and they may or may not pay for your services. If your insurance does not pay for your ACDOH services “you” the client are liable to pay for these services. The Allegany County Department of Health has a sliding scale for payment of services for clients who are uninsured/underinsured. *The Allegany County Department of Health’s health care professionals are not affiliated with any hospital.
- Allegany County Food Service Inspections
All temporary food service operations that do not secure a permit to operate at least 10 days prior to the start of the event will be charged an additional $25.00 late fee.
If a permit is issued on-site due to not properly submitting paperwork at least 10 days prior to the start of the event, a $25.00 late fee will be charged.
How did your favorite restaurant do?
- WIC Clinic Schedule 2019
- Immunization Clinic Schedule for 2019
- January 2019 Clinic Schedule
- February 2019 Clinic Schedule
- Corporate Compliance Plan 2018
- Board of Health Meeting Minutes
- Allegany County Department of Health Community Health Assessment 2016
- Sanitary Survey (Sewer & Water Inspection) Application 2018
- Plan Review Checklist 2018